Saturday, September 22, 2007

'Shah Rukh gives 200 percent in every shot'

Says Shreyas Talpade who will soon be seen,playing SRK's buddy, in Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om.

Patcy N caught up with the actor for more on the film and Shah Rukh Khan.


How was working with Shah Rukh Khan?

Shah Rukh is an amazing human being. To give a newcomer like me so much scope in the film is unheard of. He would allow me to improvise.
People would ask me if I felt insecure working with Shah Rukh Khan in his home production with him playing the lead. But I did not feel any insecurity, as I was aware it was Shah Rukh's film and I knew what I was doing in the film.
Eventually, I ended up doing more that what I was offered during the narration. And it is all thanks to Farah and Shah Rukh. Somewhere, they felt that if I am performing, they should better the shot or scene.
It was never that if I got more lines, my screen presence would increase and I would steal the show.

How did your role get expanded in the movie?

I have this habit of improvising. So does Shah Rukh.I am not supposed to talk much about my role except that I am playing one of the five main characters. Working with King Khan was really superb. He and I would improvise so much on the sets that Farah actually shouted at us for changing her script.
Shah Rukh doesn’t mind giving his own lines to others, to improve the scene. He would tell me about things in 1970s, what they would do in college or theatre days. And then we would add that to our scene. In this process, you say an extra line or your lines may go to the other actor. But if you have acted in theatre, you don't think about it. You don't feel insecure. In the end, you are thinking about the film.

Did Shah Rukh give you any tips on how to be in this industry?

Never. He is not the preachy type. But yes, he would share his experiences, and from that, we can gather so many things. What I learnt from Shah Rukh was that you need not put on a mask to be in the industry. Just be what you are. If you are good in your work and a good human being, then the sky is the limit. That's why he does he gives 200 percent in every shot. Even after so many years, he still has that passion.

Go on.

He would help me in certain sequences because he's more experienced. He understands the pulse of the audience. In certain scenes, he would tell me that isme agar hum thoda aur energy dalengey thoda aur achcha hoga. He would tell me to do the same shot in two ways: one in my style and the other, in his. Then, we would compare them. Sometimes, his way would be better. That understanding of Shah Rukh is superb. He knows exactly what would look good. That's why he is a superstar today.

At any point did you advise Shah Rukh?

No. But I would tell him about certain reactions from my college and theatre days, and ask him to add it. Sometimes, he would ask me how we could better the scene if it was looking flat.


How was it working with Farah Khan?

I had heard that Farah was a hard taskmaster, bahut chichid karti hai, gussa karti hai, sambhal ke rehna etc etc. But I think it's all bullshit. People need to work with Farah to know how she is. She is very sweet and warm. If she gets angry, there's a reason for it.
She doesn't keep anything in her heart. She'll tell you what she feels to your face. She would not scold Deepika and me, just because we were new. She would speak to Shah Rukh in the same manner as well. I never saw any bias towards anyone.
Farah has a great understanding of the medium. She knew what she was making. She knew she was making a Bollywood masala movie, and how she should project the cast.

RediffIndia

Labels: , , ,

Posted By Ivan Me ... at 8:32 PM
Post A Comment
Your comments are always welcome 0 Comments

Welcome Note

    A fan site for Shah Rukh Khan's Upcoming Movie Om Shanti Om, The First source for anything and everything about Om Shanti Om, Enjoy your stay here!

    Stats
    Home: SRK-OMSHANTIOM
    Blogmaster: Ivan
    Graphics: Mojo
    Since: 23rd August, 2007
    Visitors:
    Thanks To: Blogger
    Bookmark: SRK-OMSHANTIOM

Index


OSO Shout Box



Advertisement

Recent Comments


    Tarun said...
    its a bautifull film. i like its song, and i like king khan. i am his bigest friend. he is cool film
    October 07, 2007 8:14 PM

    Anonymous said...
    All Myself and My Family were staying at the same hotel in Dubai as Sharukh and his family, he was also there with Chunky Pandey. We sat next to these guys at the swimming pool. Was quite dissapointed they didn't speak to us or look at us We saw them quite alot.
    September 27, 2007 8:40 AM

    Nili said...
    Om Shanti Om the biggest Movie of the year 2007.
    Shahrukh u are the king.
    August 27, 2007 9:14 AM

    Shan said...
    SRK You Rocks Forever
    August 27, 2007 9:12 AM

    Anonymous said...
    Cool Trailer............
    August 26, 2007 10:16 AM

Partners

Disclaimer

    Srk-OmShantiOm is an unofficial fanblog with the only purpose to promote SRK'S upcoming movie "Om Shanti Om" and is not affiliated with "Om Shanti Om", the producer, director, or any part of the cast or crew. All photos and media belong to their rightful owners; no copyright infringement is intended. All original graphics and artworks are property of Srk-OmShantiOm.Blogspot.com