Friday, December 7, 2007

It's the price we pay: Arjun Rampal

Drop dead looks to flaunt but no starry attitude to throw.

Down-to-earth and a family man Arjun Rampal is happy playing daddy cool to his lovely daughters, Mahikaa and Myra. But talk of his second passion films, and his latest act in Om Shanti Om (OSO) as a villain has put him in the spotlight.

Post the big reviews OSO has got, we get the actor talking on the apprehensions he had prior to taking on a negative role, his filmi career so far and much more...

Starting straight with the question about his apprehensions signing OSO , he says, “Yes, I was a bit skeptical about playing Mukesh Mehra for I wondered whether I’d be able to justify my character. For at times when there are fallouts in make-up, outfits or appearances, the character can look funny. But thanks to Farah whose selection of the entire crew was excellent.”

But besides that wasn’t he apprehensive about the story theme based on re-incarnation as well? “See, if we are unaware of some fact that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Re-incarnation, fantasies, black magic are themes which work well provided the script is strong enough. And personally I do believe in astro science and the idea of life after death,” says the actor.

Also, with SRK in picture along with a battalion of other superstars in the item song, did you feel your share of limelight got thinner? “Performance of an actor is not judged by the length of his role but by how well he has performed. And even though I played the negative role for the first time I was appreciated all over.”

Being SRK’s close buddy, ask him about the recent allegations levelled on him by the BCCI and Arjun dismisses all of them.

“I know SRK and his family for a number of years. Shah Rukh and I have a strong liking for sports. And so does his son Aryan. I remember when Twenty20 World Cup had just begun there was complete chaos at his house to watch the match live. I am sure people who know Shah Rukh would have laughed off BCCI’s comment. It’s like we pay the price of being celebrities,” he sighs.

What’s more, the actor goes ahead giving a piece of advice for BCCI: “BCCI should rather be thankful to Bollywood for popularising and glamorising the game. In fact, they should invite more celebs just the way Hollywood stars are invited for sports like Baseball and others.”

Well, every other actor seems to be involved in some or the other controversy these days. How has he stayed clear of them? “Touchwood I haven’t been target of any such sensational journalism. I feel sorry for actors who are roped in controversies for all sorts of wrong reasons. I can actually swear that all allegations made against them are wrong.”

Back to his career, ask him having made so many jumps from modelling to acting to production, what has he enjoyed the most?

“I’m more comfortable acting and producing simultaneously. And would continue to do so,” informs the actor who produced I See You with wife and ex-super model Meher. But then with so much to do, why do we see so less of him?

“I’m very selective about the kind of work I do. Above all, I’ve set my priorities in life. I love spending quality time with my daughters.” But ask him about wife Meher and he says, “That’s personal and solely for me to know that what about Mehr makes her so special.”

So what next film-wise? “Presently, I am working in EMI with Sanjay Dutt and next is Rock On where I’ll be playing a rock band member.”

Manjari Sabharwal, TNN

Labels: , ,

Posted By Ivan Me ... at 7:58 PM
Post A Comment
Your comments are always welcome 0 Comments

Welcome Note

    A fan site for Shah Rukh Khan's Upcoming Movie Om Shanti Om, The First source for anything and everything about Om Shanti Om, Enjoy your stay here!

    Stats
    Home: SRK-OMSHANTIOM
    Blogmaster: Ivan
    Graphics: Mojo
    Since: 23rd August, 2007
    Visitors:
    Thanks To: Blogger
    Bookmark: SRK-OMSHANTIOM

Index


OSO Shout Box



Advertisement

Recent Comments


    Tarun said...
    its a bautifull film. i like its song, and i like king khan. i am his bigest friend. he is cool film
    October 07, 2007 8:14 PM

    Anonymous said...
    All Myself and My Family were staying at the same hotel in Dubai as Sharukh and his family, he was also there with Chunky Pandey. We sat next to these guys at the swimming pool. Was quite dissapointed they didn't speak to us or look at us We saw them quite alot.
    September 27, 2007 8:40 AM

    Nili said...
    Om Shanti Om the biggest Movie of the year 2007.
    Shahrukh u are the king.
    August 27, 2007 9:14 AM

    Shan said...
    SRK You Rocks Forever
    August 27, 2007 9:12 AM

    Anonymous said...
    Cool Trailer............
    August 26, 2007 10:16 AM

Partners

Disclaimer

    Srk-OmShantiOm is an unofficial fanblog with the only purpose to promote SRK'S upcoming movie "Om Shanti Om" and is not affiliated with "Om Shanti Om", the producer, director, or any part of the cast or crew. All photos and media belong to their rightful owners; no copyright infringement is intended. All original graphics and artworks are property of Srk-OmShantiOm.Blogspot.com