Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Farah Bhansali Fight

Farah’s Om Shanti Om and Sanjay Bhansali’s Saawariya are geared for a big clash on 9th November. But even before the clash on the big screen, the two are clashing off screen. Sanjay Bhansali is apparently angry over Farah Khan for ridiculing his mother on Koffee With Karan show.

When asked by Karan, what name Bhansali would give to Farah’s Om Shanti Om. Farah cheekily replied, ” Maa Shanti Maa“. This apparently had Sanjay Bhansali get angry. ‘Making fun of my 75-year-old mother is really not done. I’m proud to have my mother’s name as part of my name. No civilised human would want his or her parent ridiculed. Even if ‘reliable sources’ decide to make fun of my mother to make mileage they’d still have my mother’s blessings,’ Sanjay Bhansali said.

Sanjay Bhansali‘My mom has shown immense love for Farah and her family although over the years they’ve repeatedly made barbed comments about her in public. On ‘Koffee With Karan’, Farah was heard saying that if I made ‘Om Shanti Om’ it would be called ‘Ma Shanti Ma’.

‘Why bring my mother into this unnecessarily, specially since my mother has always shown so much love and affection for Farah? No matter how much the provocation, I’d never speak like this about anyone’s parents.’

When asked about the supposed competition Sanjay said: ‘I’m here to make a film and believe filmmaking to be an art form. Cinema is not a battlefield. We all work very hard on our films. And I’m sure my film is as dear to me as other people’s films are to them.

‘Let me say at the outset that we had announced our decision to release ‘Saawariya’ on Nov 9 a year ago at a press conference held by Sony Pictures. So we aren’t coming on anyone else’s release date. I’m sure ‘Om Shanti Om’ is a terrific film. And Shah Rukh Khan has a huge draw. In fact, he’s the biggest star of the country. We are very small compared with him. I wish his film all the best.’

‘Shah Rukh and I had come to a moral decision to keep this dignified and not to speak about each other’s film in print. I intend to stick to that decision even if other people on his behalf are eagerly breaking that moral code. There are ’sources’ close to the film making catty comments about me, making fun of me and even my mother to get attention.’

Such provocations won’t affect him and he is not going to retaliate, said Bhansali.

‘I’m not going to be provoked into talking about another person’s film or its cast. Me and my mother wish Shah Rukh and his film all the best from the bottom of our hearts.’

Labels: , , ,

Posted By Ivan Me ... at 9:57 PM
Post A Comment
Your comments are always welcome 0 Comments

Welcome Note

    A fan site for Shah Rukh Khan's Upcoming Movie Om Shanti Om, The First source for anything and everything about Om Shanti Om, Enjoy your stay here!

    Stats
    Home: SRK-OMSHANTIOM
    Blogmaster: Ivan
    Graphics: Mojo
    Since: 23rd August, 2007
    Visitors:
    Thanks To: Blogger
    Bookmark: SRK-OMSHANTIOM

Index


OSO Shout Box



Advertisement

Recent Comments


    Tarun said...
    its a bautifull film. i like its song, and i like king khan. i am his bigest friend. he is cool film
    October 07, 2007 8:14 PM

    Anonymous said...
    All Myself and My Family were staying at the same hotel in Dubai as Sharukh and his family, he was also there with Chunky Pandey. We sat next to these guys at the swimming pool. Was quite dissapointed they didn't speak to us or look at us We saw them quite alot.
    September 27, 2007 8:40 AM

    Nili said...
    Om Shanti Om the biggest Movie of the year 2007.
    Shahrukh u are the king.
    August 27, 2007 9:14 AM

    Shan said...
    SRK You Rocks Forever
    August 27, 2007 9:12 AM

    Anonymous said...
    Cool Trailer............
    August 26, 2007 10:16 AM

Partners

Disclaimer

    Srk-OmShantiOm is an unofficial fanblog with the only purpose to promote SRK'S upcoming movie "Om Shanti Om" and is not affiliated with "Om Shanti Om", the producer, director, or any part of the cast or crew. All photos and media belong to their rightful owners; no copyright infringement is intended. All original graphics and artworks are property of Srk-OmShantiOm.Blogspot.com