Thursday, November 29, 2007

Arjun Unplugged: Ex-ramp scorcher rides high on OSO

His latest film Om Shanti Om has broken all records and he is still riding high on its success. CNN-IBN correspondent Iram Mirza catches up with once-upon-a time-ramp scorcher Arjun Rampal.


CNN-IBN: Are you still riding high on the success of Om Shanti Om?


Arjun Rampal: Yeah, I don't know when am I going to land back.


CNN-IBN: How difficult was it to get under the skin of the character?


Arjun Rampal: It was definitely one of the tougher characters that I have played. I have never done a role like that, I don't know anyone like that and do not associate myself with people like that. So it was tough to work on it. But I think I had to work on different expressions and the way this guy would think. It's heavy-duty stuff and I don’t want to bore you with it.


CNN-IBN: What about King Khan? You seem to share a lot of camaraderie with him. So a lot of fun on and off sets?


Arjun Rampal: Shah Rukh and I have worked together quite a bit now and I am fortunate to have worked with him. He's a great human being. We've done a world tour together where we spent three months on road together. Then I did Don with him. He's a very generous actor and producer and is very chilled. Despite all the fame, he's very humble, down-to-earth and knows films like the back of his hand. So there's lots to learn from him. His energy is contagious and he's just wonderful.


CNN-IBN: Talking about your endorsements, are you a Tommy man? Very casual, jeans-and-T-shirts sorts?


Arjun Rampal: What I like about the brand Tommy is that you can suit it up a little bit, throw a jacket and makes you look a little bit more formal. At the same time it's very casual, relaxed and you are never looking scruffy.


CNN-IBN: You've done a lot of roles and walked the ramp too. But what do you really cherish?


Arjun Rampal: Behind the camera as a director or walking the ramp or playing the roles?

Walking a ramp was a while ago. I enjoyed it while I did it. But honestly, I don't miss it too much. I loved the role of the producer - not in Om Shanti Om though (laughs). It's becaue you can start something from an idea level and create it and the whole process of creating a team is a wonderful experience. You meet a lot of people, you learn a lot. I love filmmaking, being part of the industry and I love being an actor. So there are a lot of things I can do and all are related.


CNN-IBN: So what after Om Shanti Om? Any home productions? We've heard you're doing a plum role in Last Lear, right?


Arjun Rampal: Last Lear is a great film and it's my first English film. It's the best performance from Mr Bachchan I've seen till date and from Preeti too. I am fantastic in it (laughs).


CNN-IBN: You must be y our co-stars' darling, saying such nice things about them?


Arjun Rampal: Well, they are nice people and deserve it. They are humble people who don't speak much about themselves. So it's important to give them their due. They are very generous with me and I should be generous with them too.


CNN-IBN: What's the worst rumour you've heard about yourself?


Arjun Rampal: The one that you were just trying to spread - that I am very generous with my co-stars.(laughs)

CNN-IBN

Labels: , ,

Posted By Ivan Me ... at 2:50 PM
Post A Comment
Your comments are always welcome 0 Comments

Welcome Note

    A fan site for Shah Rukh Khan's Upcoming Movie Om Shanti Om, The First source for anything and everything about Om Shanti Om, Enjoy your stay here!

    Stats
    Home: SRK-OMSHANTIOM
    Blogmaster: Ivan
    Graphics: Mojo
    Since: 23rd August, 2007
    Visitors:
    Thanks To: Blogger
    Bookmark: SRK-OMSHANTIOM

Index


OSO Shout Box



Advertisement

Recent Comments


    Tarun said...
    its a bautifull film. i like its song, and i like king khan. i am his bigest friend. he is cool film
    October 07, 2007 8:14 PM

    Anonymous said...
    All Myself and My Family were staying at the same hotel in Dubai as Sharukh and his family, he was also there with Chunky Pandey. We sat next to these guys at the swimming pool. Was quite dissapointed they didn't speak to us or look at us We saw them quite alot.
    September 27, 2007 8:40 AM

    Nili said...
    Om Shanti Om the biggest Movie of the year 2007.
    Shahrukh u are the king.
    August 27, 2007 9:14 AM

    Shan said...
    SRK You Rocks Forever
    August 27, 2007 9:12 AM

    Anonymous said...
    Cool Trailer............
    August 26, 2007 10:16 AM

Partners

Disclaimer

    Srk-OmShantiOm is an unofficial fanblog with the only purpose to promote SRK'S upcoming movie "Om Shanti Om" and is not affiliated with "Om Shanti Om", the producer, director, or any part of the cast or crew. All photos and media belong to their rightful owners; no copyright infringement is intended. All original graphics and artworks are property of Srk-OmShantiOm.Blogspot.com